Registration To Attend the Teachings
Three Registration Steps:
- All foreigners must apply as soon as possible for a Protected Area Permit (PAP) from the Government of India. Details are available on the Protected Area Permit page. IMPORTANT: Foreigners who do not have a PAP may not be permitted by the Government of India to attend the teachings.
- All attendees must complete the Website Registration Form (please see Step Two below).
- All attendees must register in person in Bylakuppe for an entrance pass (please see Step Three below)
- There is no fee to attend the teachings or tickets to be purchased, but you are required to complete the above three registration steps.
- You may attend for as many days as you wish. Attendance at all teaching days is not required.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama has requested those who propitiate Dolgyal (Shugden) not to attend his formal religious teachings, which traditionally require the establishment of a teacher-disciple relationship. (For more information, see www.dalailama.com.) Therefore, the Jangchup Lamrim Teaching Organizing Committee will not accept any registration forms from Dorje Shugden followers or those who are associated with Dorje Shugden followers.
Step One: PAP Application Form
Please see the Protected Area Permit page for the PAP application form and instructions which must be completed by all foreigners as soon as possible. Foreigners without a PAP may not be permitted by the Government of India to enter Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement or attend the teachings.
Indian citizens and Tibetan R.C. holders are not required to have a PAP to visit Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement unless they have a foreign passport.
The final deadline for submitting your PAP application is 15 October 2015. However, PAP applications usually take at least 2-4 months to process, so you are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible and long before 15 October.
Step Two: Website Registration
- Individuals should complete the Individual Registration Form BELOW.
- Leaders of groups (10+ people) should complete the Group Registration Form HERE.
- All attendees must complete the Website Registration Form as soon as possible – please do not wait until you receive your PAP or Indian visa to complete this form. Advance registration will ensure sufficient amounts of seating, materials, food, etc for all attendees.
- After clicking submit, you should receive an automatically-generated confirmation message in your email inbox. If you do not receive this in your email inbox or SPAM folder, please contact us at email@example.com for confirmation.
- If you decide to not attend the teachings, please cancel your registration by email as soon as possible.
INDIVIDUALS – Website Registration Form for Individuals
After clicking submit, you should receive an automatically-generated confirmation message in your email inbox. If you do not receive this in your email inbox or SPAM folder, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
GROUPS – Website Registration Form for Groups (10+ people)
Leaders of groups (10+ people) should complete the Group Registration Form HERE.
Step Three: In-Person Entrance Pass Registration
No one will be permitted to enter the teaching venue without an entrance pass. In order to make this pass, all attendees must register in person in Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement in the days just prior to the beginning of the teachings.