“The advantages of generating wisdom:
1. It is the root of all positive qualities
2. The fact that a bodhisattva is not perturbed by good or bad conditions and that he is skilled in methods such as generosity and so forth depends on wisdom
3. One endowed with wisdom can accomplish without contradiction even those actions that appear contradictory to common beings
4. That the two truths are considered non-contradictory is also due to wisdom
5. That permissions and prohibitions are non-contradictory also depends on wisdom”
From Textual Outline for the Medium Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment by Trijang Rinpoche
As translated in: OUTLINE of Middle Length Lam-Rim with Trijang Rinpoche’s Additional Outlines by Lama Tsongkhapa (and Trijang Rinpoche). Translated by Philip Quarcoo. Unpublished DRAFT translation (May 2012) by FPMT, Inc. Download the PDF here.