Registration To Attend the 2013 Teachings
All attendees are required to complete three steps:
- All foreigners must apply as soon as possible for a Protected Area Permit (PAP) from the Government of India. Complete details are available on the Protected Area Permit page.
- All attendees must complete the website registration form as soon as possible (please see Step Two below)
- All attendees must register in person in Bylakuppe for a security entrance pass (please see Step Three below)
Without completing all of these steps, you may not be issued a security entrance pass to attend the teachings. Thank you for your careful attention to these important details.
- There is no fee to attend the teachings or tickets to be purchased, but you are required to complete the three registration steps.
- You may attend for as many days as you wish. Attendance at all 10 days of teachings is not required.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama has requested those who propitiate Dolgyal (Shugden) not to attend his formal religious teachings, which traditionally require the establishment of a teacher-disciple relationship. (For more information, see www.dalailama.com.) Therefore, the Jangchup Lamrim Teaching Organizing Committee will not accept any registration forms from Dorje Shugden followers or those who are associated with Dorje Shugden followers.
Step One: PAP Application Form
Please see the Protected Area Permit page for the PAP application form and instructions which MUST be completed by ALL foreigners (including those with accommodation outside of Sera Monastery and Bylakuppe). Indian citizens and Tibetan R.C. holders are not required to have a PAP to visit Sera unless they have a foreign passport.
Step Two: Website Registration
In order for the Jangchup Lamrim Teaching Organizing Committee to prepare properly (sufficient amounts of seating, materials, food, etc.), all attendees who are not part of a group must complete the following Website Registration Form for Individuals as soon as possible. If you decide to not attend the teachings, please cancel your registration by email as soon as possible.
GROUPS (5 or more people)
Please right now complete the following Website Registration Form for Groups with an estimation of the numbers of your group. You can then send an email later when you have your numbers finalized. This is very important to ensure adequate facilities (translation, seating, materials, food, etc) at the teachings. We greatly appreciate your assistance with this by registering your group now.
Step Three: In-Person Security Registration
No one will be permitted to enter the teaching venue without a security entrance pass. In order to make this pass, all attendees must register in-person in Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement, in the several days prior to the beginning of the teachings.
Details about the in-person security registration will be added here as they become available.