Registration To Attend the Teachings
More information will be posted here once the dates have been confirmed for the next session of Jangchup Lamrim Teachings.
All attendees are required to complete three steps:
- All foreigners must apply for a Protected Area Permit (PAP) from the Government of India (application deadline date to be announced). Details are available on the Protected Area Permit page. IMPORTANT: Foreigners who do not have a PAP may not be permitted by the Government of India to attend the teachings.
- All attendees must complete the Website Registration Form (please see Step Two below).
- All attendees must register in person at the teaching location for an entrance pass (please see Step Three below)
Without completing all of these steps, you may not be issued a security entrance pass to attend the teachings. Thank you for your careful attention to these important details.
- There is no fee to attend the teachings or tickets to be purchased, but you are required to complete the three registration steps.
- You may attend for as many days as you wish. Attendance at all teaching days is not required.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama has requested those who propitiate Dolgyal (Shugden) not to attend his formal religious teachings, which traditionally require the establishment of a teacher-disciple relationship. (For more information, see www.dalailama.com.) Therefore, the Jangchup Lamrim Teaching Organizing Committee will not accept any registration forms from Dorje Shugden followers or those who are associated with Dorje Shugden followers.
Step One: PAP Application Form
Please see the Protected Area Permit page for the PAP application form and instructions which MUST be completed by ALL foreigners, including those with accommodation outside of the Tibetan Settlement. There will be a PAP application deadline date which will be announced once the next teaching dates are confirmed.
Foreigners without a PAP may not be permitted by the Government of India to enter the Tibetan Settlement or attend the teachings, even if your accommodation is not within the Tibetan Settlement. Indian citizens and Tibetan R.C. holders are not required to have a PAP to visit a Tibetan Settlement unless they have a foreign passport.
Step Two: Website Registration
The Website Registration Form will be posted here once the dates and location have been confirmed for the next session of Jangchup Lamrim Teachings.
Once the Website Registration Form has been posted here, all attendees are requested to complete the Website Registration Form as soon as possible – please do not wait until you receive your PAP or Indian visa to complete this form. Advance registration will ensure sufficient amounts of seating, materials, food, etc for all attendees.
Step Three: In-Person Entrance Pass Registration
No one will be permitted to enter the teaching venue without an entrance pass. In order to make this pass, all attendees must register in person in the Tibetan Settlement.